Monday, October 11, 2010

Exciting News!

A few weeks ago Art Order's Jon Schindehette delivered a call for all artists interested in having him as a mentor. Many artists entered their names with work examples, reasons for entering, and long term goals. I am honoured to be among the five artists he chose, as detailed in the latest post. 


Jon has survived the position of art director at Wizards of the Coast ("survived" chosen because I cannot fathom being working such a demanding position) and has many exciting things to teach me, and I can't wait for us to get started! 


Finally, here's an image for the Sci-Fi portfolio. I realized I hadn't uploaded it here.




4 comments:

Cory said...

Super pumped! Congratulations!

Unknown said...

That's really awesome, congratulations!
So what does this mean for you exactly?? Tell all!

Jonathan Vair Duncan said...

Tom, It means I will be in direct correspondence with Jon as he monitors my direction, offering me advice and critique along the way.

Kezrek said...

That is awesome, congratulations! I first met John at GenCon this summer. He's an amazing person, and I honestly can't describe how immensely helpful he was.

Please keep us updated. :) I can't wait to see what kind of fantastic work you'll create!